Breathing is the first thing we do when we are born, the last thing before dying. Our breath is the main vital force that keeps us alive. So, may I ask: How is your breathing ?Besides the fact that of course you are breathing because you are alive, how are you breathing? Are you exploring the full potential of each breath?
I’m about to share with you one of the most efficient tools I use when I am feeling unbalanced and I need to recharge and realign in the middle of the day.
It’s the 21 breaths breathing technique. This breathing tool will ensure you a boost of oxygen into your body and give you the vitality and stamina you need to be alert and creative in any project you start.
It will also:
- Help you release toxins. Yes, your body is designed to release 70% of its toxins through breathing. This breathing techniques removes a part of the carbon dioxide from our body and increases oxygen in your blood, thus improving its quality.
- Help you Release Tensions. Think how your body feels when you are tense, angry, scared or stressed. It contracts. Your breathing becomes shallow and your muscles get tight. When your breathing is shallow, you are not getting the amount of oxygen that your body needs. These breaths will help you with this.
- Massage Your Organs. The movement of the diaphragm during this breathing exercise massages the stomach, small intestine, liver and pancreas. The upper movement of the diaphragm also massages the heart.
- Make the Heart Stronger. This technique reduces the amount of work the heart has to do. First, it leads to more efficient lungs, so, the heart doesn’t have to work as hard to deliver oxygen to the tissues. Second, this breathing method leads to a greater pressure differential in the lungs, which leads to an increase in circulation, allowing the heart to rest a little.
- Increase the Digestion and Assimilation of food. This breathing brings more oxygen to your digestive organs including the stomach, so they operate more efficiently.
- Improve the Nervous System. The brain, spinal cord and nerves receive increased oxygenation and are more nourished. This improves the health of the whole body, since the nervous system communicates to all parts of your body.
And of course on an emotional level, these breaths will help you connect with yourself, find your center and ground yourself on this earth.
So, are you ready to practice? Here we go:
Let me know how this breathing session worked for you in the comments below. See you in the next one!
And if you are in Berlin on December 13, join our breathing session for women taking place from 5:30pm to 7pm in Schöneberg. We will be getting ready to fly high in 2015. To know more about the session click here.